Monday, September 22, 2008

Amazing...

...but not really in a good way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4vKVzfUZVo

Sorry, I tried to figure out how to embed that video, but I guess you'll just have to go watch it yourself.

This video is the opening credit sequence for the new HBO series, True Blood. It might contain every single terrible Southern stereotype possible barring overt reference to George Wallace. If you can come up with any they missed, please let me know.

And it might actually be more awesome than the show itself, which is a strange mix of kinky sex, mystery, violence, and, er, romance novel. And really, really bad Southern accents. I can't stop watching though.

2 comments:

olivia said...

Is the show good? I know nothing about US TV now. Those credits are funny. Where are the college professors and desegregators and funky liberals? Oh, wait. It's HBO.

Dan said...

So I watched an episode of this last night. I think it was the 3rd one--called "Mine." Strange. The accents were HORRIBLE, and the show had plenty of stereotypes. But I'm kind of intrigued about how they play with the Vampire thing in Southern / Bayou / voodoo country. Could be interesting, could be insulting. I'll watch another.

The intro credits are pretty cool though. I agree that they may have been the best part.